To be honest I've been feeling like a major raft lately. Super bloated and inflamed! I hate waking up and going to bed feeling like a blimp. In an attempt to reduce this feeling, I'm trying to make a conscious effort to eat way more greens and way less grains. I still eat chocolate everyday though, I will never not eat chocolate.
I picked up a ton of produce yesterday at the farmers market and came right home to make a green soup. Thats how this recipe was created! 5 mins of prep and 20 minutes on the stove and you've got yourself a mother load of healthy soup.
What You'll Need >>
2 large zucchinis
2 giant cloves of garlic
1 bag of spinach
1 tbsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 can of coconut milk (optional)
How to make >>
- Quarter and slice your zucchini, wash and and slice your leek and peel and chop your garlic.
- Add everything into a large pot and use just enough filtered water to cover. You'll want to still see the veggies on the surface almost as if theres not enough water. I wasn't planning on posting this recipe so I didn't measure! Just don't go too big on the water of you'll end up with a watery soup.
- Add your salt, chilli powder and any additional spices bringing everything to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Wash your spinach and throw it in to wilt for the last 3-5 mins of cooking time.
- Once your spinach is in you can add the optional coconut milk and emulsify the soup.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Get creative as add some fresh herbs. I didn't because I didn't have any, haha.